The latest updates from the Charity Commission are available to view, download or print from the Edridge Fund newsfeed.
Latest highlights include…
• New reporting obligation to HMRC affects charities making grants
• Regulatory alerts issued for fundraising charities
• Celebrating local charities and trustees
• Are your contact details up-to-date?
• Shaping the future of our digital services
• Keeping your finances in check in 2017
• Is collaboration or merger the way forward for your charity?
• Learning from the Commission’s case reports
• Safer giving for charities
• Tackling abuse and mismanagement in the charitable sector
• Consulting on information collected in the 2017 annual return
Key content includes…
Those charities which receive more than half of their income from financial investments in any year need to check whether they have an obligation to report details of their grant recipients to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
The Commission recently issued an alert to promote the new Charities Act fundraising rules, which came in to force on 1 November 2016. The new rules affect:
• the trustees’ annual reports of larger charities that fundraise from the public
• the agreements that must be in place when third‐party fundraisers raise money for charities
Are your Charity Commission contact details up-to-date?
Please take a moment to log in to our online portal and check that we have the correct contact details for your named contacts, including an up-to-date email address, so that we can quickly contact you when needed.
15 questions Trustees need to ask on governance, finance and reslience. See more here…
Keeping up to date as a charity makes your fund-raising and service delivery efficient and effective (Ed.).